- A firewall between you and our VPN servers blocks the PPTP VPN connection - TCP port 1723 or GRE protocol.
- You have disabled "VPN passthrough" option in your router / modem / wireless device.
- PPTP VPN is blocked by your ISP.
- Bug in Windows system or ADSL/NAT/WIRELESS router.
- Try to connect to all of the available VPN servers. (Exception: Dedicated VPN Subscription)
- Be sure that you have enabled the "VPN passthrough" option in your modem / router / wireless device configuration.
- Reboot your computer and reboot your modem / router / wireless devices and be sure that the latest firmware is installed. Then try to connect.
- Disable your Windows Firewall or Norton Antivirus or another software which could block GRE protocol or port TCP 1723. Then try to connect.
- Remove your VPN connection from Windows, reboot your computer and configure the VPN connection again. Again try to connect.
- Try to connect directly without the router. Try to connect on different internet connection or from different computer / system.
Still doesn't work?
- If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8, then try SSTP VPN protocol: VPN Worldwide SSTP Installer for Windows
- If you have Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, then try L2TP/IPSec VPN protocol: VPN L2TP/IPSec Software for Windows
- Otherwise use the OpenVPN protocol which we provide on non-standard ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) and it should work to you: How to set up OpenVPN on Windows?