The success of ChatGPT’s Artificial Intelligence caught Google by surprise. The company entered “code red” and stepped on the accelerator to bring its own conversational chatbot to market as soon as possible, and thus Google Bard was born in early February 2023.
In March the application was already available in early access for users in the United States and the United Kingdom, although in May its access was extended to more than 180 countries. However, Europe was not among those chosen due to the stricter laws that exist in the European Union regarding data privacy (although the most impatient of us were able to bypass this territorial restriction using a little trick.
The wait is over: Google Bard is now available in Spain and the rest of Europe
Finally, the blocking to which the application was subject in Europe has already been lifted and we can now officially enjoy Google Bard in Europe a few hours ago. You no longer need to connect to any VPN or “juggle” your PC or mobile phone. If you want to start using Google AI, simply follow these steps:
- Open the browser and enter bard.google.com.
- Press the blue “ Try Bard ” button that you will see on the welcome screen.
- Accept the privacy terms that will be displayed on the screen.
- Accept the message where Google notifies us that Bard is still in the experimental phase, and click on “ Continue ”.
- You’re already in!
At the operational level, Google Bard is now available in more than 40 new languages, including Spanish. But that is not all.
Advantages of Google Bard over ChatGPT
If you’re wondering what makes Bard’s chatbot different from ChatGPT’s AI, here are some of its most relevant features:
- Unlike ChatGPT, the Bard app has Internet access, allowing us to get up-to-date responses.
- Thanks to Google’s infrastructure, Bard delivers faster responses (4 or 5 seconds).
- Bard comes integrated with Google Lens, which means you can upload images alongside your conversations, and the AI can analyze and understand them.
- Bard includes text-to-speech features, so you can read responses out loud.
- Instead of offering a single answer, Google’s AI allows you to choose between 3 different drafts generated simultaneously.
You can learn more about it in the post “ Bard vs ChatGPT: 10 things only Google AI can do.